SPECIALISING IN RPL
LârShar College of Beauté & Hair Specialises in RPL
Recognition of Prior Learning is a process that involves granting full or part qualifications to people who have earned life skills and knowledge through:
· Formal or informal training and education
· Work experience
· General life experience
· Any combination of the above.
The assessment benchmarks for RPL are the same as those required for training. However, the assessment process can be quite different.
RPL assessment may involve:
· Work samples or photos of work samples
· Practical demonstrations
· Assessment interviews
· References and support from supervisors
· Training certificates
· Performance reviews.
The benefits of RPL are:
· Avoids duplication of training, maximising the value of education and training expenditure
· Provides pathways to higher qualifications for people who may not have had previous access to training
· Creates a learning culture by valuing and recognising learning that has occurred in the workplace
· Builds self-esteem by valuing and recognising the skills of individuals.
The College has a Policy & Procedure in place ensuring all RPL’s are conducted in an honest and dependable manor. LârShar regards the RPL process as a form of assessment where students gain recognition for various life skills.
AT THIS COLLEGE, THE RPL PROCESS IS VALID, RELIABLE AND FAIR.