Unique Student Identifier
All LarShar College of Beauté & Hair students (both new and continuing) will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) before enrolling for 2015.
From 1 January2015 the Australian Government will require all students undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a registered training organisation to have a USI.
The USI will enable you to obtain a complete record of your vocational education and training enrolments and achievements which occur from 1 January 2015 onwards from a single online source.
You can apply for the USI number yourself at www.usi.gov.au or alternately LarShar College of Beaute & Hair can apply on your behalf. There is no cost.
When applying for a job or enrolling in further study, students will often need to provide their training records and results. One of the main benefits of the USI is that students will have easy access to their training records and results throughout their life.
Who needs a USI?
Students who need a USI include:
- students who are enrolling in nationally recognised training for the first time;
- school students completing nationally recognised training; and
- students continuing with nationally recognised training.
A student who is continuing study is a student who has already started their course in a previous year (and not yet completed it) and will continue studying after 1 January 2015.
Once a student creates their USI they will be able to:
- give their USI to each training organisation they study with;
- view and update their details in their USI account;
- give their training organisation permission to view and/or update their USI account;
- give their training organisation view access to their transcript;
- control access to their transcript; and
- view online and download their training records and results in the form of a transcript.
Students can access their USI account online from a computer, tablet or smart phone anywhere and anytime.